Force India has announced that Yelmer Buurman (above left) and António Félix da Costa (above right) will join Paul di Resta at the post-Abu Dhabi Grand Prix test session for rookie drivers.
The event will mark the first time that both drivers drive a Formula 1 car.
Da Costa, 19, will become the youngest ever Portuguese driver to sample a Formula 1 car, and earns the right after ending the F3 Euro Series championship as the series’ best rookie driver this year.
Buurman, 23 and from the Netherlands, competed in the SuperLeague Formula championship this year driving for AC Milan, picking up three wins and eight podiums.
“We are pleased to be able to offer Yelmer and Antonio the opportunity to test an F1 car, which they both feel will be brilliant exposure and experience at this early stage in their career,” said Force India’s CEO, Otmar Szafnauer.
“Paul [di Resta] will set the benchmark times so they can assess their own performance and see how to work within a top level team,” he added.
[Original images via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019