playboy driver Eddie Irvine is turning 45 today!
Eddie shot to fame in his debut race for Jordan in 1993 at the Japanese Grand Prix, when he was punched in the face by Ayrton Senna for his rather poor on-track manners while being lapped.
A very interesting character on the grid during his 10-year F1 career, you could always guarantee a great soundbite from the Ulsterman when pressed on any issue concerning the sport. How this contrasts with the current crop of F1 drivers, who are comparatively stifled in what they are allowed to say.
Do you have a favourite memory of Eddie Irvine? Post your comments below!
[Original images via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018