‘Humble’ is not necessarily an adjective commonly associated with Red Bull’s chief advisor, Dr Helmut Marko, and that’s certainly not the case in the wake of the team securing its maiden Constructors’ Championship title at last weekend’s Brazilian Grand Prix.
Such as been the team’s success, he boasts, that many of his team members are the envy of rival outfits looking to poach crew from the Milton Keynes squad.
“Of the top 30 people who work for us, there is no one who has not already received an offer from a competing team,” the Austrian told reporters after the Sao Paulo event, where the team secured its eighth 1-2 finish in its short six-year history.
And it would seem that one key team members is safe, with the team’s chief designer Adrian Newey confirming that he had no intention of leaving the squad for “a while to come”.
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Fabrizio Barbazza - 3 January, 2019