A capacity crowd of 50,000 spectators will flock to the Hermann Tilke-designed facility that is set to host the Formula 1 show for the second time after making its debut last year, which was also a crowd sell-out.
“We are very proud to be staging the race and to know that we will see the crowning of the 2010 World Champion,” said Richard Cregan, CEO for the event organising group, Abu Dhabi Motorsports Management.
What is equally impressive is how the entire F1 operation managed to pack up and travel the 12,000km distance from Sao Paulo to the Middle East in a little more than a day.
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019