Good news for Christian Klien, with news that the Austrian driver is again being given the opportunity to strut his stuff in the Hispania Racing cockpit at this weekend’s season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
The former Red Bull racer has previously been called up to stand in for Sakon Yamamoto at Singapore and Brazil – summarily out-qualifying Bruno Senna both times – and has another chance to prove that he merits a place on the 2011 grid.
“It’s my third chance to compete for the team this season and I’m getting more and more used to the car and the crew,” he said, when the announcement was made.
“I hope we can achieve some great results and have a clean weekend. We should have a similar pace to the one in Brazil, so I think we can be a challenge for the [other] new teams.”
Have you read our exclusive interview with Christian Klien? Click here!
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018