Australia’s national airline, QANTAS, has re-signed as the naming rights partner for the 2011 Australian Grand Prix, it has been announced. This year’s event was sponsored by Dutch bank ING.
The news will come as welcome publicity for the second-oldest continually operating airline, which has been the subject of a spate of mechanical issues with its planes, including a spectacular explosion of one of its A380’s engines on a flight departing Singapore.
Let’s hope the entire F1 community is free to choose their airline when booking their flights to Melbourne!
[Original image via Guardian]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020