Australia’s national airline, QANTAS, has re-signed as the naming rights partner for the 2011 Australian Grand Prix, it has been announced. This year’s event was sponsored by Dutch bank ING.
The news will come as welcome publicity for the second-oldest continually operating airline, which has been the subject of a spate of mechanical issues with its planes, including a spectacular explosion of one of its A380’s engines on a flight departing Singapore.
Let’s hope the entire F1 community is free to choose their airline when booking their flights to Melbourne!
[Original image via Guardian]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018