The British billionaire will have to come good on his bet with Lotus Racing boss Tony Fernandes, and was snapped leaving Abu Dhabi with an AirAsia stewardess’ outfit in his luggage.
Fernandes – owner of Malaysian-based low-cost carrier AirAsia – gave Branson the three-piece outfit after the pair had wagered a bet that whoever’s team finished lower in the Constructors’ Championship standings would act as a stewardess on the other’s airline in full corporate regalia!
And with Lotus Racing finishing ahead of Virgin Racing in the championship standings, it looks like Branson will be donning the outfit and heels for a long-haul flight!
“He’ll have to work the whole flight. He’ll have to serve, he’ll have to clean, he’ll have to clean the toilets,” Fernandes told Reuters.
“The only positive thing is we own 20 per cent of his company so I’ll be able to get some promotion for a company I have a stake in,” a rueful Branson grinned in return.
Although the finer details of the deal are not yet known, it is believed that Branson will do the honours on a long-haul flight with the ticket proceeds going to charity.
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020