F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is nursing a meaty black eye after muggers attacked the 80-year-old outside his London home.
The Sun reports that the F1 supremo and his new girlfriend, Fabiani Flosi, was rushed to hospital after the pair was set upon by four attackers who punched and kicked the British billionaire as they made off with watches, cash and jewellery on Wednesday night.
The timing certainly couldn’t have been more ironic, after the Briton had recently dismissed a recent armed hijacking attempt involving Jenson Button and his entourage during the Brazilian Grand Prix weekend, when he suggested that robbers will always target “people who look a bit soft and simple”.
[Original image via Tutto Sport]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020