F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is nursing a meaty black eye after muggers attacked the 80-year-old outside his London home.
The Sun reports that the F1 supremo and his new girlfriend, Fabiani Flosi, was rushed to hospital after the pair was set upon by four attackers who punched and kicked the British billionaire as they made off with watches, cash and jewellery on Wednesday night.
The timing certainly couldn’t have been more ironic, after the Briton had recently dismissed a recent armed hijacking attempt involving Jenson Button and his entourage during the Brazilian Grand Prix weekend, when he suggested that robbers will always target “people who look a bit soft and simple”.
[Original image via Tutto Sport]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018