Heikki Kovalainen has been instructed to perform several days’ bed rest in order to recover from the “heavy concussion” the Finn sustained following his crash at last weekend’s Race of Champions event in Dusseldorf.
The Lotus driver – competing against Sébastien Loeb in an Audi R8 duel – clipped a wall and crashed heavily when his throttle stuck open.
Kovalainen was momentarily knocked unconscious after the accident and was sent to hospital for precautionary checks.
His passenger – his girlfriend Catherine Hyde – was also injured in the crash, suffering a hairline fracture in her pelvis and bruises to her legs.
[Original video via Dajay82]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018