While Mark Webber may have missed out on securing the 2010 Drivers’ Championship title to team-mate Sebastian Vettel, the Red Bull driver has vaulted to the top of the earnings list among Australia’s top sportspeople.
Fourth on last year’s sporting ‘Rich List’, Webber moved to first place overall on the back of earning a reported $13.4 million during the 2010 F1 season.
Webber’s earnings place him ahead of several of Australia’s top sporting exports, including the likes of basketballer Andrew Bogut ($12.6M), motocross rider Chad Reed ($7.5M), MotoGP rider Casey Stoner ($6.8M), Everton footballer Tim Cahill and NASCAR driver Marcos Ambrose ($4.2M apiece).
Webber’s earnings are rather small beer in comparison to several members of the F1 grid, with the sport’s top earner, Fernando Alonso, earning over seven times more than what Webber makes.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019
- Williams confirms Latifi for 2020 - 28 November, 2019