While Mark Webber may have missed out on securing the 2010 Drivers’ Championship title to team-mate Sebastian Vettel, the Red Bull driver has vaulted to the top of the earnings list among Australia’s top sportspeople.
Fourth on last year’s sporting ‘Rich List’, Webber moved to first place overall on the back of earning a reported $13.4 million during the 2010 F1 season.
Webber’s earnings place him ahead of several of Australia’s top sporting exports, including the likes of basketballer Andrew Bogut ($12.6M), motocross rider Chad Reed ($7.5M), MotoGP rider Casey Stoner ($6.8M), Everton footballer Tim Cahill and NASCAR driver Marcos Ambrose ($4.2M apiece).
Webber’s earnings are rather small beer in comparison to several members of the F1 grid, with the sport’s top earner, Fernando Alonso, earning over seven times more than what Webber makes.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020