Sources close to Toro Rosso have insisted that the junior Red Bull squad’s race driver line-up will remain unchanged for the 2011 season, despite recent speculation to the contrary.
The FIA’s recently-released official entry list for next season listed “TBA” (to be announced) next to the occupants of the Ferrari-powered cockpits.
This prompted speculation that, with Red Bull development driver Daniel Ricciardo having recently been announced as the squad’s reserve and Friday test driver for the 2011 season, either Jaime Alguersuari or Sébastien Buemi could be at risk of losing their seats.
But a source within the team has insisted that neither of the team’s lead drivers will be on their way out.
“As already confirmed earlier this year, (the team’s) driver lineup … remains unchanged for 2011,” a statement from the outfit reads.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019
- Williams confirms Latifi for 2020 - 28 November, 2019