Sources close to Toro Rosso have insisted that the junior Red Bull squad’s race driver line-up will remain unchanged for the 2011 season, despite recent speculation to the contrary.
The FIA’s recently-released official entry list for next season listed “TBA” (to be announced) next to the occupants of the Ferrari-powered cockpits.
This prompted speculation that, with Red Bull development driver Daniel Ricciardo having recently been announced as the squad’s reserve and Friday test driver for the 2011 season, either Jaime Alguersuari or Sébastien Buemi could be at risk of losing their seats.
But a source within the team has insisted that neither of the team’s lead drivers will be on their way out.
“As already confirmed earlier this year, (the team’s) driver lineup … remains unchanged for 2011,” a statement from the outfit reads.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018