Davide Valsecchi has reportedly paid Hispania Racing team figures a visit at the outfit’s Germany headquarters, according to the latest media reports from Italiaracing.
We reported last month that the 23-year-old Italian – a race winner in this year’s GP2 championship – was a possible candidate to make his Formula 1 debut with the Murcia-based outfit, should he be able to raise enough funding to buy a seat there.
Valsecchi was quickest of any of the three rookie teams’ runners at the recent two-day Abu Dhabi young driver test session in November, and he reportedly “surprised” team boss Colin Kolles and other management colleagues with his strong
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018