Davide Valsecchi has reportedly paid Hispania Racing team figures a visit at the outfit’s Germany headquarters, according to the latest media reports from Italiaracing.
We reported last month that the 23-year-old Italian – a race winner in this year’s GP2 championship – was a possible candidate to make his Formula 1 debut with the Murcia-based outfit, should he be able to raise enough funding to buy a seat there.
Valsecchi was quickest of any of the three rookie teams’ runners at the recent two-day Abu Dhabi young driver test session in November, and he reportedly “surprised” team boss Colin Kolles and other management colleagues with his strong
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020