The beleaguered Hispania Racing Team has been quick to dismiss rumours that it is for sale, following reports raised in sections of the Spanish media that claimed the team’s current position – apparently with no car, sponsors, or driver line-up – was moving team owner José Ramón Carabante to consider selling up.
“Carabante is working on getting sponsors and investors. One Spanish group is interested in joining the team but things are not so easy nowadays in the world,” she is quoted as having said.
That does not explain what other steps the team is taking to get itself onto the grid…
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020