And finally some good news for Lotus Racing (or whatever it lands up being called next year)…
Fernandes has confirmed via Twitter that Branson will don full stewardess’ regalia on February 21 for a London to Kuala Lumpur flight, where proceeds for the flight’s ticket sales (whereby all tickets will be auctioned) will go to charity.
Branson and Fernandes placed a wager at the start of the season that whose ever team finished lower in the Constructors’ Championship standings would act as a stewardess on the other’s airline for a long-haul international flight.
By dint of a higher race finishing position during the season, Fernandes won the bet when both Lotus Racing and Virgin Racing finished equal in the standings on zero championship points.
Branson will be required to wear makeup and high heels, along with Air Asia’s regulation red stewardess’ dress throughout the flight. Additionally, he will have to perform full stewardess duties, which we are led to believe include “maintaining the bathroom facilities”.
Branson and Fernandes were pictured at the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in November to have their measurements taken for their respective stewardess outfits.
At least Virgin won’t have to deploy a seamstress to sew together Fernandes’ outfit for his rather more considerable frame!
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020