Next year’s FIA-sanctioned World Champions will officially be recognised in New Dehli, it has just been announced.
Reports from the subcontinent indicate that the next end-of-year gala night – held in Monaco for many years – is scheduled to take place in the Indian capital city, marking the first time that the event will be held on the Asian continent.
A key factor in the event being moved is apparently down to an impassioned presentation by the chairman of the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India, who happens to be none other than Force India boss Vijay Mallya.
The city is also scheduled to host the inaugural Indian Grand Prix late next year.
It is believed that the FIA Gala will also coincide with meetings of the World Motor Sport Council, and the Annual General Meeting of the FIA.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Fabrizio Barbazza - 3 January, 2019
- Supercars: Holdsworth confirmed at Tickford - 21 December, 2018
- Supercars: Stanaway, Tickford split - 10 December, 2018
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018