Dutch driver Giedo van der Garde is still in the reckoning for a race seat with Virgin Racing for 2011, alongside the incumbent Timo Glock.
However, it was claimed last week that the hopes of the team’s sometimes Friday test driver, the well-financed Jérôme d’Ambrosio, had progressed further to the point that he simply needed the green light from the team’s main sponsor, Marussia.
But van der Garde (pictured) – who comes armed with backing from fashion house McGregor, the company to which is manager is also the commercial director – has also had strong links to Virgin Racing in the latest round of rumours.
“Giedo is ready,” his manager, Jan Paul ten Hoopen, said. “We hope that a decision is taken for Christmas.”
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018
- Räikkönen edges Hamilton under the floodlights - 15 September, 2018