Dutch driver Giedo van der Garde is still in the reckoning for a race seat with Virgin Racing for 2011, alongside the incumbent Timo Glock.
However, it was claimed last week that the hopes of the team’s sometimes Friday test driver, the well-financed Jérôme d’Ambrosio, had progressed further to the point that he simply needed the green light from the team’s main sponsor, Marussia.
But van der Garde (pictured) – who comes armed with backing from fashion house McGregor, the company to which is manager is also the commercial director – has also had strong links to Virgin Racing in the latest round of rumours.
“Giedo is ready,” his manager, Jan Paul ten Hoopen, said. “We hope that a decision is taken for Christmas.”
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018