Toro Rosso driver Jaime Alguersuari will be ringing in the New Year behind the controls of a DJ workstation, according to reports in the Spanish press.
The 20-year-old operates under the alias of ‘DJ Squire’ and is set to perform at a Barcelona event at midnight which will be broadcast on local television.
Alguersuari is not the only F1 driver to dabble in a bit of DJing on the side, with fellow 2010 grid driver Sakon Yamamoto also quite talented behind the mixing desks. Former F1 driver Raul Boesel has also embarked on a career as a DJ in his native Brazil.
“I am crazy for music,” Alguersuari said when asked about his other job.
“I couldn’t live without it,” he added. “I love sounds and I love electronic music, that’s one of my biggest passions in life.”
[Original video via MotorMagTV]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020