James Allen on F1: 2009: A Revolutionary Year, by James Allen
Paperback, © 2009 Speed Merchants, ISBN 9780956418708
Detailing some of the behind-the-scenes action and the events that shaped the year, Allen examines key issues such as the ‘Crashgate’ scandal being revealed, Lewis Hamilton and the ‘Liegate’ incident from the Australian Grand Prix, the FIA vs FOTA battle that came to a head at the British Grand Prix, and also on Brawn GP’s incredible resurrection of Honda and its championship success.
Allen’s profile in the Formula 1 paddock is key in giving his readers some information from some unparalleled sources over the course of the season, and he will be following it up with a 2010 season summary, which has been released for sale and will be reviewed shortly on this site.
If you’re a regular visitor of Allen’s website, then the book won’t provide anything new for you, but the more casual visitors and F1 book lovers will consider this a must-have.
Using our unique ‘Chequered Flags’ rating system, we award Formula 1 Fanatic…
OUT OF A POSSIBLE FIVE.
2009: A Revolutionary Year is available via some booksellers and Amazon.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020