Rome Grand Prix promoter Maurizio Flammini has confirmed that city officials have all but given the green light to plans to stage a Formula 1 street race in the Italian capital city.
Despite rather vocal opposition from the country’s longstanding Grand Prix venue, Monza – as well as concerns from Ferrari and a section of local residents – city officials were to review plans for a street circuit in the EUR district of the city.
“I am very pleased that the city has taken an official decision and has approved the continuation of all activities so that the GP can take place in 2013,” he announced.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019