Rumours from the Swiss press claim that Scuderia Toro Rosso could received some Middle Eastern investment soon.
That is the rumour reported by veteran F1 correspondent Roger Benoit of the Blick newspaper, who claims that the Arab investors looking to buy into the Red Bull ‘B’ team would do so to keep Sébastien Buemi in the frame at the team.
The Swiss driver – who has several allies in the Middle East and unusually (for a Formula 1 driver) takes up residence in Bahrain – has been the subject of rumours that his seat at Toro Rosso is under threat after a disappointing second half to his 2010 season.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020