The Faenza squad has been the subject of several ‘for sale’ rumours in the past couple of years, with reports that Red Bull’s chief Dietrich Mateschitz was keen to offload the team bought from Minardi at the end of 2005.
Reports in Switzerland’s Blick newspaper claimed that STR was of interest to some Arabian investors who apparently had ties with the team’s driver, Sébastien Buemi.
“There is no truth in that story,” Tost told the German motorsport-magazin.com website.
Of further interest is that the other major story Blick – a usually reliable news source on matter F1 – led on the same day was that of Force India looking set to confirm it had promoted Paul di Resta to to a race seat for 2011. The article has been pulled from the newspaper’s website, perhaps indicating that certain sections felt it to be untrue.
Or perhaps too close to home…
[Original image via Red Bull]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020