Doornbos was a substitute driver in 2005 and 2006, racing for Minardi and Red Bull Racing respectively, before moving on to the IndyCar series and later the SuperLeague Formula championship.
”We are currently conducting talks with Mercedes and it’s going very well; we’ve been to Stuttgart a few times and I think the DTM would be a very nice route for the future,” Doornbos told the GP Update website.
“We have two difficult seasons behind us in IndyCars and Superleague Formula. In 2011 we want to start with a clean slate and focus on a championship in which you can remain active for a number of years, he added.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020