It would seem that one of the many potential candidates for the second seat at Hispania Racing is out of the running, with team boss Colin Kolles confirming that Bruno Senna’s contract will not be renewed into the 2011 season.
Speaking with the Reuters news agency, Kolles confirmed the news about the nephew of the late Ayrton Senna.
“I can definitely say that Mr Bruno Senna is not going to race for HRT – 100% not,” he is quoted.
Kolles added that the team’s occasional drivers, Sakon Yamamoto and Christian Klien, were still up for consideration, but he did not discuss the prospects of the newly-signed Narain Karthikeyan’s compatriot, Karun Chandhok.
Kolles also seemed to hint that his team would not become a dumping ground for Vitantonio Liuzzi should Force India attempt to deploy the Italian there if it tried to oust him (as rumoured) in favour of Paul di Resta, despite Liuzzi having a confirmed contract to race for the team in 2011.
Kolles stated that the team could field “a surprise” choice in its second race seat, while also hinting that “maybe some drivers who have contracts might not have seats” in 2011.
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020