A veteran on the IndyCar scene since 2002, Meira was a frontrunner several years ago with the Rahal Letterman and Panthew teams, but is still yet to secure that coveted maiden win.
The 33-year-old’s first season with the Foyt team was scuppered by a back injury he sustained during the 2009 Indianapolis 500, but the 2010 season saw him finish twelfth in the standings.
“I am really happy about working with AJ Foyt and his ABC Supply team again,” Meira beamed.
“Being able to continue the progress that we made at the end of last year will make for a good season this year. We know the areas that we have to work in to improve and we have already started to do that in the off-season.
[Original images via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020