Newly-signed Toro Rosso test driver Daniel Ricciardo will remain in the Formula Renault 3.5 championship for a second season after securing a deal to drive with the ISR outfit for 2011.
The Australian – who has been hotly tipped as Red Bull’s next up-and-coming F1 protégé – is also set to participate for the junior Red Bull outfit in Friday practice at all Grands Prix in 2010, having impressed with the fastest F1 test times in the off-season in the wake of finishing as the runner-up in last year’s FR3.5 championship.
Ricciardo’s team-mate at ISR will be the newly-crowned Formula 2 champion Dean Stoneman, who made his F1 debut with Williams as a test driver in the Abu Dhabi Young Driver test at the end of the 2010 season.
“Being able to work with Daniel Ricciardo, who was one of our most appreciated rivals in 2010, and Dean Stoneman, who won the last FIA F2 title, will be extremely challenging for us,” boasted team boss ISR Igor Salaquarda.”
Ricciardo’s signing also sees Red Bull move its sponsorhip to the team, which proudly calls the Czech Republic home.
“We will also be wearing the same Red Bull colours of the 2010 Formula One World Champions, and that makes me really proud, as we are the first team from Eastern Europe to have reached the top in international open-wheel racing,” Salaquarda added.
[Original image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020