Broadcaster Sky Deutschland is leading the way by becoming the first TV network to confirm it will televise Formula 1 in true high definition in 2011.
The subscription channel will benefit its viewers in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, and potentially raise expectations that broadcasters in other countries may follow suit.
Sky’s sport’s boss Carsten Schmidt has likened the announcement as “a late Christmas gift to our customers.”
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020