Ferrari’s Wrooom PR event drew to a close yesterday, with Fernando Alonso taking victory in the traditional ice races held to mark the end of the festivities at the Madonna di Campiglio ski resort in Italy.
The double World Champion won both races held using go-karts and Fiat 500s against opposition from the Ferrari and Ducatti MotoGP stables.
Read more to check out a video highlights reel from the event.
The first of the two legs was in the karts, where Alonso led a Ferrari 1-2 ahead of team-mate Felipe Massa, with Ducati rider Nicky Hayden finishing third. Hayden’s new team-mate, the acclaimed Valentino Rossi, finished fifth, splitting Ferrari’s coterie of test drivers: Jules Bianchi (4th), Marc Gené (5th) and Giancarlo Fisichella (6th).
Alonso won again when the group held its second race in the reborn 500s, with Hayden and Rossi rounding out the podium.
The event also saw outgoing Ferrari test driver Luca Badoer make his final appearance for the team, demonstrating a special-liveried 2009 Ferrari on a frozen lake using studded tyres.
[Original video via Campiglio Dolomiti]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020