Reports in Germany’s Bild have linked a handful of drivers – namely Davide Valsecchi, Christian Klien and Pedro de la Rosa – to what is believed to be the only remaining seat on the grid, although the team’s boss Colin Kolles has denied suggestions that the seat will be sold to the highest bidder.
“No one needs to come with a suitcase full of cash. It will be enough to have the guarantees of sponsors,” he is quoted as saying.
“We’re not the only ones doing that,” he added.
The reported asking price of €10 million equates to roughly a third of the team’s annual budget.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020