A quick disclaimer: This article as nothing to do with Mark Webber, but everything to do with Willi Weber, who has admitted that he would love to add newly-crowned championship Sebastian Vettel to his stable.
The famous driver manager – dubbed ‘Mr 20%’ after earning a fortune managing Michael Schumacher’s affairs during his first F1 stint – also handles the career of Nico Hülkenberg, but told Auto Motor und Sport that he would love to also manage Vettel.
But Vettel, 23, has never used the services of a manager, and instead deploys a lawyer to review his contracts, with some assistance from his father Norbert as well.
But Weber argues: “Now he needs a manager more than ever, because he needs to sell his success.
“It’s all about the money he can make outside of the cockpit now,” he added.
And no doubt there would still be plenty after your 20% slice is taken, Willi…
[Original image via XPB]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020