Impressive rookie Simona de Silvestro looks to set to remain in the IndyCar Series for a second season, with rumours doing the rounds that the ‘Swiss Miss’ has re-signed with the HVM squad for the 2011 season.
The rumours were sparked by HVM confirming that it will hold a press conference on Monday in Baltimore where it will reveal the full details of its 2011 championship campaign.
Team owner Keith Wiggins – F1 fans will recall him heading a disastrous foray into F1 with Pacific in 1994-5 – had hinted over Christmas that his team had secured additional financial backing from sponsors, which could lead to securing de Silvestro’s ongoing role with the outfit.
Silvestro impressed many in her rookie season in IndyCars, enough to earn her a nomination in the annual AUTOSPORT Awards as one of the 2010 season’s most impressive rookie drivers from all motorsport disciplines.
In particular, her overall pace on road courses proved a revelation, and she took top-ten finishes at Toronto and Lexington, as we as a hugely impressive seventh in qualifying at Edmonton.
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020