Authorities in Italy have frozen some $2 million in Flavio Briatore’s European bank accounts, amidst suspicions of tax fraud.
Last year, the disgraced former Team Principal had his luxury yacht boarded and seized – and later returned – by Italian authorities who believed its registration as a commercial charter vessel was false.
But now, the authorities believe that the funds in these seized accounts stem from the proceeds of tax fraud.
[Original image via Flickr]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020