Just days after celebrating Sergio Pérez’s 21st birthday, the Sauber team now has further reason to celebrate, with tequila brand José Cuervo joining the outfit as a new sponsor.
Commercial interest in Mexico’s first F1 driver since Héctor Rebaque remains high, and the announcement sees José Cuervo become the third Mexican sponsor to partner with the Swiss F1 team. Its logos will be emblazoned on the sidepods and nose of the new Sauber C30.
“When we found out a Mexican driver had secured a seat with the Sauber F1 Team it all clicked for Jose Cuervo to support him and the team,” said Juan Domingo Beckmann, the CEO of José Cuervo.
“It is very clear when all the right pieces fall into place things work out naturally. Sergio is a great driver racing for a superb team in the most prestigious of all sports, so why not involve the most distinguished tequila in the world, Jose Cuervo. We are convinced this will be a very successful venture for the company and for Mexico.”
Sauber – having run with virtually no sponsors in 2010 – is seemingly basking in the limelight of yet another sponsor joining the fray. It will launch its new car on Monday.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020