After a stint as the outfit’s test driver, the Frenchman drove a few races for the team as Nelson Piquet Jr’s replacement in 2009, and failed to impress, whereby he was dropped by the squad and confined to rebuilding his career in GP2 and the Auto GP series.
The soon-to-be-announced appointment confirms recent rumours linking the Swiss-brown Frenchman to the team that he formerly worked for.
His appointment probably has more to do with his experience as a Pirelli tyre tester than any noble attempts by the team to remain true to what little French roots it still holds, given that the outfit is persisting with its Renault-masqerading-as-Lotus stance.
[Original image via Flickr]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020