Despite having been the source of said rumours, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has also confirmed that there is no truth to the recent speculation that Vettel was a possible Ferrari candidate in the near future.
The newly-crowned World Champion has indicated as a recent sponsor event in Austria that he remains happy where he is, with Red Bull also engaging in its own bit of territory-marking in the speculation by confirming that Vettel is contractually-bound to the team if he finishes in the top-three in 2011.
“I feel very good, both contractually as well as in my mind for the next few years,” Vettel is quoted by the German SID news agency.
“At the moment there is not much to discuss, but I’m still young,” he added.
[Original image via Flickr]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020