The latest instalment of Top Gear hit the BBC airwaves yesterday and the much of this episode concentrates on the Ashes challenge run between the UK hosts and the host of Top Gear Australia.
Now, the Australian show broadcast this episode late last year as part of kicking off its third series – we happened to be present for the studio filming of this episode – and it’s interesting to see the same challenges from the perspective of the UK show, particularly now that Australia was summarily thumped by England in the actual Ashes cricket series!
The ‘Ashes Challenge’ sees the two teams of three pitted against each other in a series of – you guessed it – Australia vs England challenges, such as a ‘working man’s car drag race’, team races and rallying.
Jeremy Clarkson also tests Ferrari’s GTO-badged 599, which he finds undriveable on the wet test track with the traction control turned off, and when the electronic aids are on, he finds they interfere too much with the sheer driving experience.
Tennis ace and Formula 1 fan Boris Becker also makes an appearance as the Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car, putting the KIA C’eed through its paces.
[Original video via LegitLifeStyle]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020