“They degrade quite a lot, especially the rears, and the lap times are not consistent,” he told reporters after his outing in the Ferrari F150, where he finished over half-a-second off the pace of Sebastian Vettel’s Red Bull.
Auto Motor und Sport has also quoted the double World Champion as saying that exploring the F150’s set-up options was proving troublesome due to an apparent lack of tyre sets for the first test at Valencia.
Certainly not the PR that Pirelli had been hoping for…
[Original image via ITV-F1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020