The ousted HRT driver recently hinted that he was on the verge of the signing with the Malaysian team as the outfit’s reserve and Friday test driver.
And it would now seem that it’s a done deal, after the Chennai-born driver was snapped – by team boss Tony Fernandes, no less! – decked out in a Team Lotus jacket this morning.
Chandhok is posed alongside the team’s driver development official and former Minardi pilot Alex Yoong, in a picture Fernandes posted to Twitter.
The team’s T128 makes it on-track debut today at the second day of pre-season testing at Valencia’s Ricardo Tormo circuit.
[Original image via Tony Fernandes]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020