The 28-year-old has been part of the North American racing scene since 2007, finishing second in the Indy Lights championship en route to a full-time berth in the top flight.
He contested two seasons with the Andretti Green outfit – peaking with a second-placed finish at Iowa in 2008 and taking Rookie of the Year honours – before moving to the Newman/Haas team for the 2010 season, in which he finished 18th overall.
His 53-race IndyCar career has seen the Tokyo driver finish in the top ten on fifteen occasions.
Mutoh’s departure means that Takuma Sato looks set to be the only Japanese representative on the 2011 grid.
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020