Nicholas Hamilton, the half-brother of McLaren driver Lewis, has been snapped at what is believed to be a test outing in a Renault Clio Cup at Rockingham Speedway, prompting suggestions that he could be starting his own motorsport career.
Lewis’ younger brother – whom Lewis often cites as a personal inspiration due to his being born with cerebral palsy – has been a regular fixture in the McLaren garage ever since the 2008 World Champion made his F1 debut with McLaren.
The Renault Clio Cup is a support category for the British Touring Car Championship, and the series organisers have kept quiet as to any confirmation that Nicholas could be joining the championship series.
The younger Hamilton was snapped enjoying his test outing in good weather conditions at the Speedway wearing a pair of Lewis’ racing overalls.
[Images via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020