Unconfirmed reports are emerging from the Polish press that Robert Kubica’s condition has worsened over the weekend, after the injured Renault driver underwent another mammoth operation to repair several fractures to his right arm and leg sustained after a rallying accident in which his right hand was partially severed.
The Polish news channel TVN 24 is quoting Kubica’s girlfriend Edyta Witas as saying that her boyfriend’s condition has worsened following this latest series of operations, which went for a total of nine hours.
“His state has somewhat worsened, both in regards to his physical and psychological state,” she is quoted as saying.
It is also reported that Kubica – who had been previously been removed from intensive care – was now back under close supervision at the Santa Corona hospital in Italy.
The 26-year-old faces another operation on Wednesday to repair his fractured right elbow, which has remained untreated to-date.
[Original image via LAT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020