Reports from Spain and Italy claim that Vitantonio Liuzzi could be a step closer to landing the final vacancy on the 2011 grid at Hispania Racing, with rumours that the Italian could be testing for the Spanish tail-enders at this weekend’s pre-season test at Barcelona.
The 29-year-old was fired by Force India despite having a valid contract to race with them in 2011, and there has been much speculation that part of the settlement of his contract could be that he lands the seat at HRT, with Force India bankrolling the placement.
Italiaracing is reporting that Liuzzi could get a drive in the HRT F110 this weekend, alongside the already-confirmed Narain Karthikeyan.
However, reports in Spain’s virutasf1.com are claiming that any possible drive this weekend is not necessarily an indication that he will be driving for HRT in 2011.
The details of Force India’s settlement with Liuzzi have not yet been released, and HRT has not yet made a comment in relation to this speculation.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020