Hispania Racing has confirmed that Vitantonio Liuzzi will be driving for the team on Saturday at the Barcelona pre-season test, leaving many to speculate that the former Force India driver could partner Narain Karthikeyan at the Murcia-based outfit.
Liuzzi was sacked by Force India at the end of the season despite having a valid contract to race for them this year, and there are no known details as to any financial settlement arranged between the two parties.
Liuzzi was spotted in the HRT garage on the first day of testing at the Circuit de Catalunya – where Narain Karthikeyan completed 116 trouble-free laps on the way to finishing tenth-fastest at the end of the day.
To-date, HRT is yet to name any potential candidate to partner Karthikeyan for the 2011 season, although it is believed that the signed driver will need to bring some significant backing to secure the drive.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Verstappen shades Bottas in FP2 - 11 July, 2020
- Pérez plots Racing Point’s recovery in FP1 - 10 July, 2020
- Mugello and Sochi added to 2020 F1 schedule - 10 July, 2020
- Bottas wins chaotic race in Austria - 6 July, 2020
- Formula 2: Rookie Drugovich claims dominant first win - 5 July, 2020