The cancellation of the Bahrain Grand Prix also means that the final pre-season test – scheduled to occur on the island kingdom in early March – has also been shelved, but F1 figures have confirmed that it has instead been relocated to the Circuit de Catalunya, which has just finished hosting the third of the test sessions to-date.
The Barcelona test session will occur on March 8-11, two weeks before the season makes its delayed kick-off at Australia in late March.
And unless Spain is gripped by a sudden heatwave, this also means that the outfits won’t have the chance to test Pirelli’s newest-spec rubber in hot conditions before the championship seasons kicks off, which could make the second round of the championship – the Malaysian Grand Prix – particularly interesting…
[Image via Sutton Images]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020