The shortlist of possible grid girl outfits has been revealed for this year’s Australian Grand Prix, but this time there’s a difference: the fans will be able to vote for their favourite design to be rolled out for the event, which now reassumes the role of opening the Formula 1 championship season.
It will be a case of style ahead of skin at this year’s Australian Grand Prix, with fashion designer Jayson Brunsdon – reportedly a favourite designer for Australian-born Crown Princess Mary of Denmark – commissioned to create the outfits.
Will these outfits improve on the horrific grid girl outfits from last year’s race?
But first, there’s a rather worrying confession from the designer…
“I am not a big car racing fan, but when I think of car racing I think of Elvis Presley’s speedway-themed movies,” Brunsdon told Melbourne’s Herald Sun newspaper.
“I thought about it, and they can look sexy without looking tarty, they can look stylish without looking tacky. So I wanted [the outfits] to have a late-’60s, early-’70s retro feel to them.”
Brunsdon’s three shortlisted designs are a low-cut dress, a high-neck mini and a romper suit.
Readers can vote for their favourite outfit by clicking here – feel free to post your comments below as well…
[Original images via Herald Sun]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020