Fernando Alonso has had to go into damage control once again, with new allegations emerging about his often controversial relationship with Lewis Hamilton during their single season together as McLaren team-mates in 2007.
In his much-publicised biography about F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone – a book that has already created plenty of waves in the F1 fraternity – author Tom Bower claims that Alonso had attempted to blackmail McLaren’s then-team boss Ron Dennis to sabotage Hamilton’s car so it ran out of fuel, in order to keep his silence over the ‘Spygate’ affair.
“I ignore what is said from other countries,” retorted Alonso, when questioned about these latest allegations at a sponsor event in Madrid.
[Original image via Flickr]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020