Sir Jackie Stewart is on the mend and doing “fine” after his mid-air health scare on Wednesday, according to the triple World Champion’s friend and current Williams lead driver, Rubens Barrichello.
Stewart has reportedly been discharged from a London hospital, where he spent time to be treated for chest pains. The 71-year-old former racer and team owner collapsed during a return flight from the Geneva Motor Show.
“He had a full check up and he feels good now,” Barrichello wrote on his Twitter feed.
[Original image via gforcef1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Tony Trimmer - 20 February, 2019
- Formula E: Last gasp victory for di Grassi - 17 February, 2019
- FEATURE: Gifts for the gents - 13 February, 2019
- 2018 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 9 February, 2019
- Supercars: Series to celebrate 1000th race in Melbourne - 22 January, 2019