Sir Jackie Stewart is on the mend and doing “fine” after his mid-air health scare on Wednesday, according to the triple World Champion’s friend and current Williams lead driver, Rubens Barrichello.
Stewart has reportedly been discharged from a London hospital, where he spent time to be treated for chest pains. The 71-year-old former racer and team owner collapsed during a return flight from the Geneva Motor Show.
“He had a full check up and he feels good now,” Barrichello wrote on his Twitter feed.
[Original image via gforcef1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018