Sir Jackie Stewart is on the mend and doing “fine” after his mid-air health scare on Wednesday, according to the triple World Champion’s friend and current Williams lead driver, Rubens Barrichello.
Stewart has reportedly been discharged from a London hospital, where he spent time to be treated for chest pains. The 71-year-old former racer and team owner collapsed during a return flight from the Geneva Motor Show.
“He had a full check up and he feels good now,” Barrichello wrote on his Twitter feed.
[Original image via gforcef1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019
- Williams confirms Latifi for 2020 - 28 November, 2019
- Supercars: Stanaway hangs up his helmet - 26 November, 2019
- Formula E: Sims wins chaotic second race in Diriyah - 24 November, 2019