Sir Jackie Stewart is on the mend and doing “fine” after his mid-air health scare on Wednesday, according to the triple World Champion’s friend and current Williams lead driver, Rubens Barrichello.
Stewart has reportedly been discharged from a London hospital, where he spent time to be treated for chest pains. The 71-year-old former racer and team owner collapsed during a return flight from the Geneva Motor Show.
“He had a full check up and he feels good now,” Barrichello wrote on his Twitter feed.
[Original image via gforcef1]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020