The Stone Brothers Racing outfit has announced that David Brabham and John McIntyre will rejoin the team during the endurance rounds – the Philip Island 500 and the Bathurst 1000 – of the 2011 V8 Supercars Championship season.
Brabham and McIntyre drove for the outfit in the team’s endurance race entries last year, pairing up with Alex Davison and Shane van Gisbergen respectively, as well as he Gold Coast 600.
This year, however, Brabham will be ineligible to contest the Gold Coast round as the this year’s series’ rules dictate that the event’s guest drivers can’t have competed at the endurance rounds.
The team has also announced that Daniel Gaunt will partner Tim Slade in the outfit’s third car.
“Having drivers of the ilk of David, John and Daniel certainly won’t hurt our cause,” said SBR team principal Ross Stone.
“All the guys have driven with us before so they understand and are comfortable with the way we do things, and fit in with the crew really well.”
[Images via Stone Brothers Racing]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020