Mercedes GP has allowed a British art gallery to display a deconstructed version of its 2010 W01 contender – suspended piece by piece from the gallery’s ceiling.
Dutch artist Paul Veroude was given the honour of taking apart the 3,200 individual pieces that make up the Formula1 car and then suspending each piece on wire, giving the effect that the car has exploded and then frozen in time.
The piece is on display at the Mercedes-Benz World exhibition at Brooklands in the UK county of Surrey.
[Original images via Daily Mail]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020