The Colombian made his IndyCar debut last year at the Indianapolis 500 with Bryan Herta Autosport, and then later drove for Conquest at the season-ending race at Homestead.
The 20-year-old has continued to test for the outfit over the winter off-season, and has now been announced as the first of its driver signing for the 2011 season.
“We’re delighted to have Sebastian back with us and this time for the complete season,” said team boss Eric Bachelart. “It was a pleasure working with him last year in the season finale and again last week at our test in Sebring.
“Sebastian has done a great job both times that he has been in our car and I think we can expect some good things from him this season. We’re also happy to be keeping up our tradition of giving young up and coming drivers the chance to take their career to the next level.”
The team is yet to announce the identity of its second driver, although it has tested both Pippa Mann and Jean-Karl Vernay during the off-season. There are also rumours that the team is trying to help Paul Tracy raise the necessary funds to secure a seat for the Canadian veteran.
[Original image via Bryan Herta Autosport]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020