The Malaysian-owned team recently announced its test driver line-up had changed to include former Virgin test driver Luiz Razia, former HRT test driver Valsecchi, and Portuguese-Angolan driver Ricardo Teixeira.
At the time, the announcement confirmed that Razia and Valsecchi – who will both driver for the outfit’s junior AirAsia team in the GP2 feeder series – “will be taking part in a number of Friday practice sessions at selected 2011 Grands Prix.”
And Italy’s Autosprint has confirmed that 24-year-old Valsecchi will drive in one of the T128 cockpits in the opening practice session at each of the two season-opening rounds.
Describing his Friday responsibility as “a great opportunity”, Valsecchi added: “Melbourne will be difficult for someone who has not even seen that track, but Sepang is a good opportunity.”
[Original image via Team Lotus]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019