The Malaysian-owned team recently announced its test driver line-up had changed to include former Virgin test driver Luiz Razia, former HRT test driver Valsecchi, and Portuguese-Angolan driver Ricardo Teixeira.
At the time, the announcement confirmed that Razia and Valsecchi – who will both driver for the outfit’s junior AirAsia team in the GP2 feeder series – “will be taking part in a number of Friday practice sessions at selected 2011 Grands Prix.”
And Italy’s Autosprint has confirmed that 24-year-old Valsecchi will drive in one of the T128 cockpits in the opening practice session at each of the two season-opening rounds.
Describing his Friday responsibility as “a great opportunity”, Valsecchi added: “Melbourne will be difficult for someone who has not even seen that track, but Sepang is a good opportunity.”
[Original image via Team Lotus]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020